November 27, 2006 at 4:18 PM
Well, thanks to the keen eye of my brother a small, but important, slip up has been fixed. It was an artifact of using the SQL "SELECT ... WHERE ... LIKE ... %" clause, and I was just simply checking for the categories based on their index number. The problem with that was the SELECT statement was "WHERE Categories LIKE '%' + CAST(@categoryID AS nvarchar(10)) + '%'". All that did was check the category number for <anything>CategoryNumber<anything> - which worked just fine with single digit numbers. Jared noticied this with category #2, which matched everything from category 2, 12, all of the 20s, etc. To remedy this, I changed the layout to use pipes, so now they are stored like |1|2|3| instead of 1,2,3. Once again, thanks Jared!
November 25, 2006 at 6:14 AM
Just a quick note! I have upgraded my main server, Tsunami, to 64-bit. More on that later! Also, it is a bunch of fun working with SQL (I haven't worked with it this much before). I have stored procedures doing all the calls into it so far, to help reduce the attack surface. To help visitors see the site quicker (my site isn't that frequently visited) I am only using the precompiled version of my website, so when the application loads it just starts spitting out the HTML and all that stuff. It's a really neat feature of Visual Studio 2005 and ASP.NET 2.0.
November 25, 2006 at 6:00 AM
Well, as I am sure you have noticed, I am attempting to create my own blog. I hope to have the basics done soon, but for now you can at least view the 10 latest entries as I add them back in. This blog will be coded using ASP.NET 2.0 (in C#) using both the master pages and having a web service backend. For storage I have moved to Microsoft SQL Server 2005. I wasn't too happy about how dasBlog was performing, so instead of searching for yet another one (that'd make three that I've tried to use) I decided that I have learned enough to get me started. I have used many online resources, from google to codeproject to a new site I can't remember right now. All of this code is written by me, and you won't find any online examples that match my code (like you do with some projects when people find codeproject and whatnot.) Ok, so far you have only two pages: default.aspx, which you're probably viewing right now, and category.aspx, which I just got working this morning. Yes, that means you can click on the categories listed beneath the entries and it will show you all related entries (once again, that I have entered so far.) Well, it is early in the morning and I am quite tired. Keep an eye out for progress!
October 10, 2006 at 9:44 PM
Wooo! I finally found the right directions on how to manually decorate an INF file for x64 (for Windows XP and Windows Vista) consumption! Now, this does break the signature and it does moan about not being able to verify the publisher and all that, but it works! Which now means that x64 is on my laptop to stay - no more using 32-bit only to use my PPC6700 as a modem. Yay! I have uploaded the file for all of you to download. Enjoy!
Once again, this is for the SPRINT PPC 6700 Windows XP/Vista 64-bit (x64) Wireless Modem Device Drivers for Windows Mobile 5 for Sprint PPC 6700 (Windows x64/64-bit).
PPC6700SP by Sprint.INF (50.4 KB)
(Shameless plugging so the search engines will pick it up for those few keywords (Hope!).